Sunday, October 25, 2009

Good Mom Confessions

Kerry from Tacoma, WA said:
I am a good mom because even though I can't provide my kids with the flashiest toys or the best brand name clothes I do my best and make sure that all the basic needs are met.

Yvonne from Salt Lake City, UT said:
I am a good mom because I take a deep breath before reacting to what could become a negative situation. I am a good mom because I learn from my mistakes, and I'm not afraid to tell my children my mistakes so they can learn from them too. I am a good mom because I love spending time with my family - that is at the very top of my list of things that make me happy. And last but not least, I am a good mom because I recognize that there is always lots of room for improvement, to become an even better mom.


Amber from Salt Lake City, UT said:
I finally quit being selfish and gave up smoking finally. Its been almost a month now.

A mom from Salt Lake City, UT said:
I'm a good mom because I teach my daughter how to play in the dirt and not care about her nails, it's about having fun right now. Later we'll girlie back up.

Amy from Salt Lake City, Ut said:
I'm a good mom because I love my kids. And that love drives what I do for them each day. And I know they love me when they can still tell me they love me and that I'm the best mom after all the mistakes I make and the bad days I have.

Evelyn from Salt Lake City, Ut said:
I know I'm a good mom when I see my children smile at me. I know I'm a good mom because even when I'm frustrated, my kids don't doubt how much I love them.

Catherine from Salt Lake City said:

I know I am a good mom when my kids are bathed and in their Pj's snuggling up with their loveys at night.

Earlier that day I try to fill it with love and attention. In hopes for a better tomorrow. Even though I can't give em the world. I would at least show it to them.

Melissa from Salt Lake City, UT said:

I think I am a good mom because I do the best that I can to raise my kids. Other peoples standards are not a factor in my parenting. I do what I think is best for my kids and that is what makes me a good mom.

Misty from Salt Lake City, UT said:
I think the thing that makes me a good Mom is that I Love my kids and I tell them that frequently.

Sandra
from Salt Lake City, UT said:
I am fun, we play and I enjoy letting them get dirty.

Sally from Salt Lake City, UT said:
I know I'm a good mom when my son comes over to me with a smile and says. "I love you mom" and gives me a huge hug.

I know that I'm a good mom when my daughters face lights up when she hears my voice or sees me.

Karla
from Salt Lake City, UT said:
Being a mom of special needs kids can be challenging at times...

I think the fact that I accept each child for WHO they are not WHAT they are/aren't makes me a good mom...

Each one of my children have obstacles that must be overcome or adapted to for them to succeed in life and I think so far they are doing quite well.

Aleshia
from Salt Lake City, UT said:
I consider myself a good mom when I put myself in time out instead of them.

Vanessa from Salt Lake City, UT said:
I consider myself a good mom because I go out for Moms Nites Outs monthly so I can then come back refreshed and ready for all the fun and turmoil.

Katie
from Salt Lake City, UT said:
I feel I am a good mom when I do the little things: tuck my kids into bed at night, not freak out when the juice is spilled on the floor, and read a story even though I really don't want to.

from Salt Lake City, UT said"
What makes me a good mom is that I try to be a good mom. I come up short....a. lot....but deep in my heart I have the desire to be as good of a mom I can be every day, and I do whatever I can to achieve that goal, and if I have an off day, I don't beat myself up over it, I realize hey I'm human and move forward.

SO...pat yourself on the back and live every single day knowing you are doing you very best to be the best possible person you can be (mom, wife, friend, sister, etc.) Then, you have it all in the bag.

Julie from Salt Lake City, Ut said:
I'm a good mom because I haven't sold my kids yet.

Michelle from Salt Lake City, Ut said:
I am a good mom because I do the best that I can do with what I am given. I feel the most important thing I could teach my kids is to be happy and laugh at the world. If they learn that skill, many trials in life can be handled easier.


3 comments:

Dede said...

I love this!!!

queencatherine said...

I know I am a good mom when my kids are bathed and in their Pj's snuggling up with their loveys at night.

Earlier that day I try to fill it with love and attention. In hopes for a better tomorrow. Even though I can't give em the world. I would at least show it to them.

Cox Family said...

I know I'm a good mom when I see my children smile at me. I know I'm a good mom because even when I'm frustrated, my kids don't doubt how much I love them.